George Pell is in denial, as usual. Of course we cannot trust the Catholic Church to investigate its own misdoings because covering up their crimes is part of the culture of the organisation.
Paul Kennedy nails it:
So what will change?
Who will stand up for these children, raped and then tortured by silence and denial?
Do not expect the Catholic Church hierarchy to alter its time-honoured global policies.
As I discussed with Dr. Wayne Chamley from Broken Rites back in 2009, if any other organisation had systematically covered up child rape for decades, the government would throw the book at it. Why does the Catholic Church get special treatment from Australian politicians? Are they *that* scared of losing the Catholic vote? We need a Royal Commission like Ireland.
- You might also like these posts:
- Sexual abuse was endemic in Catholic boys’ institutions.
- GDay World 382 - Dr Wayne Chamley on Catholic Sexual Abuse in Australia
- They Aren't Paedophiles - They Just Like Having Sex With Boys
- Christian KRudd Dodges Catholic Royal Commission
- G'Day World Video - Peter Kennedy, Rebel Priest, part three