Happy ANZAC Day to all you Aussies!
My guests today are Dr Pamela Gay and Fraser Cain from the very excellent Astronomy Cast! They agreed (a decision they may now regret) to try to answer some of my insanely big questions about the Universe. Questions such as:
– what is the fabric of spacetime?
– what is energy?
– why is the speed of light a constant?
– why is it that nothing can move faster than the speed of light?
– what is string theory and why can’t we talk about it?
– how is it that a Scotsman can drop a penny from the top of a building and then run down to the bottom fast enough to catch it?
All these questions and more (well not much more actually) will be answered on today’s show! … in less than an hour…
And if you’re interested in such matters, be sure to check out the Astronomy Cast!
And also check out the amazing new STEREO images of the sun brought to you by the US government. I told you the Americans were useful for something other than fast food and global warming!!
Don’t forget to make use of my new comments line – Aussies can dial into +613 9016 9699. The rest of you can either pay international charges (cmon, what price can you put on being on my show??) or just start begging me to set up an international number.
If you enjoyed this podcast, make sure you don’t miss future episodes by subscribing to our feed and leave us a voice comment!
- Subscribe to TPN::G’day World by Email
- If you use iTunes, click here.
- If you use another aggregator, grab our RSS feed here.
- If you don’t know what I’m talking about, read this description in Wikipedia.
The G’Day World Theme Song is â€œSave Meâ€ by The Napoleon Blown Aparts.