Based on this data from The University of Sydney, you are safer living in Iran or Iraq than in the USA.
By the way, I included France because one justification I’ve heard for America’s gun obsession lately is that they fought a revolution and a civil war, so, you know, they, like, need guns.
Yeah well France had a revolution, too. Oh and they were fucking INVADED BY THE NAZIS. Was America invaded by the Nazis? No? Then shut up. The French actually have a very high rate of gun ownership. In a comparison of the rate of private gun ownership in 179 countries, France ranked at No. 12. However their access to handguns, semi-automatics and full automatics is highly restricted.
Here is how France’s gun homicide ranks against the USA:
- You might also like these posts:
- No Illusions #49 - Rob McNealy on Gun Ownership
- The Facts About Guns In Australia
- No Illusions Podcast #51 - Josh McDonald on Gun Ownership
- G'DAY WORLD 188 - On Freedom Of Speech, LBJ killed JFK?, and Fidel Castro's last breaths
- The Truth About Why The US Invaded Iraq