I’ve wasted hours of the last couple of weeks trying to work out how to print 3×5 index cards from Word via my Canon MP250. I finally worked it out today and here’s how I did it.
- First of all, it’s worth knowing that the Canon Mp250 will NOT print 3×5 cards. So stop trying.
- It WILL, however print 4×6 index cards – so go down to your nearest office supplies place and buy some of those.
- Open Word and create a new document. Or just use this template I created for you.
- If you’re on a Mac, go to FILE>PAGE SETUP and select 4×6
- Copy and paste your content into this document.
- Place cards in printer vertically (ie with smallest edge at the top)
- aaaaand print!
These days I’m using index cards to memorise a bunch of things, including the opening monologue for my documentary about Jesus, the entire text of The Raven by Poe, and a bunch of random facts I want to remember. I’ve tried using Evernote as flash cards over the years, but it just doesn’t work for me. I can carry around flash cards made from index cards in my pocket or briefcase and just test myself whenever I have a few minutes. Sometimes you just can’t beat the old school methods.